FREE Demo for Christmas

Hi folks, This is something that I have put together for one of our lucky members.

I have spoken to Chris (who is a member of JPF), owner of 'Tunedly' an amazing demo recording studio and he has agreed with my plan.

I should point out that I have nothing to do with Chris or his company, except that I have had a few demos recorded at his studio over the years, some of which I will show below this blurb, by way of example.

This was my idea that I put to him.

So folks, here is the deal.

You are invited to add your original lyrics to this topic for a Christmas themed song over the next 7 weeks period ( that's up until 'Friday December 13th 2019' lucky for some lol). This is not a competition by the way, and please no critiques, suggestions or comments on lyrics posted. ( you can do that in the lyrics board prior to posting here if you so wish). Your lyrics can be new or something you wrote in the past....

The lyrics can be serious, fun song or even tongue in cheek. They just have to be about Christmas. and please no bad taste lyrics.

Please could you indicate verses, chorus and bridge in your lyrics sheet as well.

If you already have your lyrics put to music, that's fine to enter as well, and If you are lucky enough to be selected, you can have it done to your original tune, or let it be done with a brand new tune...

On Friday 13th December or just after I will inform you all in this topic which song has been selected, not as a winner, but as the lyrics that they find interesting and wish to do a demo for.

Lyric co-writes are allowed, and if you so wish, you can prior to posting here, post your lyrics in the lyrics forums for help or suggestions, providing that you mention that the lyrics are for this topic (don't want an unfair advantage for anyone lol).

The demo recording will be at least a 3 piece instrument and vocalist, who can be male or female, depending on the song lyrics selected. (If you have a preference, please mention it when you post your lyrics...)

The studio will create the tune for you and all copyrights on the finished recording, (including the tune) will belong to you. (you can if you so wish add a link when you post your lyrics to a melody that you would like to be used). Please mention it...

The song selected demo will be posted here and the writer will receive the demo and the backing track to do what they want with it. (Re-record with your own vocals if you wish).

I do hope that you enjoy taking part and remember it's the taking part that is the fun.

Some basic rules please, and these rules are rules that I have decided on.

1. You must be a member of JPF, old time or new.
2. One entry per person.
3. Must not be more than 4 verses (maximum verse 8 lines) and Chorus/s and a Bridge if you want to add one that is.
4 Must be posted in this topic by Friday 13th December.
5. If you want a particular genre, please mention it in the lyrics posting.
6. Roy cannot take part...lol

At any time up to the closing date, a lyrics post can be changed by the writer or replaced by fresh lyrics (if alterations are made).

This is a link to the home page of Tunedly, Chris's Company, There are 9 demo's there, just to give you an idea.

https://www.tunedly.com/

I will finish by saying good luck and for those who take part, thank you

and for those who's lyrics do not get selected, Its still a worthwhile exercise, and have fun.

Please do not ask me to help with lyrics lol...I already have a finished Christmas song...

EXTRA NOTES: posted by Chris

Originally Posted by Chris Erhardt
Hi all. First of all, big shoutout and thanks to Roy who thought of this amazing, for the lack of a better word, event on JPF. I'm excited to work with one of you in December to create a Christmas tune! I just wanted to expand on Roy's initial message. Since I know some of you guys from previous discussions, I don't want to make a biased decision when it comes to picking lyrics so I will let our general manager Dusty (check out his profile here: https://www.tunedly.com/musicianprofile.php?artist=dusty) go through the lyrics on the 13th of December and have him pick one.

As Roy mentioned, the selected songwriter will receive a professionally recorded production of his/her Christmas song with a minimum of three instruments and lead vocals. Everyone else who posted their lyrics here and did not get picked will get 50% off if you still want us to record your song.

Details about the process once selected:
The selected songwriter will receive the same service as everyone else who is a Tunedly client. You can communicate with me, pick the musicians you want to work with from our roster (this is our current roster: https://www.tunedly.com/roster?s=Musician), communicate with your chosen team of musicians and project manager throughout the process, and be as much or as little involved in the production process as you wish. Or you can Just leave it to us to do it if you prefer.

Lastly, let's keep this thread for submissions only (Roy already mentioned, not critique or feedback here). If you have questions about this event or if anything isn't clear to you, send me or Roy a DM.

Happy songwriting!

I reserve the right to modify the rules if needs be...

[Linked Image]

God Bless to all

Roy

4 of the demos that Chris (Tunedly) did for me (including mine and Jackie Richter's Christmas song).

'A Songwriters Dream'

'Lifes Tricks'

'A Massive Big Thank You'

'The Magic of Christmas'

Last edited by Roy Cooper; 12/27/19 10:46 AM.

'You Have To Kiss A Lot Of Frogs To Find A Prince'

Our Record Label