Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick
For your inspiration Irwin... One of the most beautiful melodies ever composed. Pavane by Ravel: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...118174C57B505E305C0&&FORM=VRDGAR

When I hear this, everything is right in the World.

Best, John smile

Hmmm... I listened to that John and found it pretty underwhelming. That is not to disparage in any way, but rather to point out that you don't need to move everyone to move people. Start with yourself. You are the most important critic. Please yourself the best you can then let it loose to find its audience.

A trick I have long taught new writers is to take your best work and listen to it to along with someone you respect. They don't have to be experts. If it holds up to YOU with the pressure of that audience, then you've done well. If you are like most people, for the first time ever, you will hear ALL the things wrong with it at that moment. It doesn't even matter if the person likes it or not. YOU will know. Exceptions: No direct family members or girlfriends/boyfriends. It needs to be someone outside your home. Give it a try. Your mind plays tricks until it's caught. This little trick is an effective way past the tricks your mind can play.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney