Greetings!

My name is Ford Willis from NewSong Music. I wanted to let you know that the 2013 NewSong Contest is now officially open for submissions, and that our 'Early Bird' deadline for discounted submissions is May 19.

Now in its 12th year, we are excited about this year's live performance and songwriting competition, and have worked hard to put together some great prizes, partnerships and promotional opportunities for the contest winner and other participants. We feel that we are offering our best opportunities to date for deserving artists to advance their musical careers, and want to get the word out to the singer-songwriter community about this opportunity.

For starters, all twelve finalists in this year's contest will be invited to perform in our live performance finals on Saturday, October 19 at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City. There, our panel of judges will select our grand prize winner, who will receive:

• A fully-funded EP, produced and mixed by producer, musician and songwriter Charlie Sexton at Asheville, NC's Echo Mountain Recording Studios
• An appearance on National Public Radio's highly acclaimed Mountain Stage show
• His/Her own featured performance at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City during the 2014 season.
• A Sonus Musician's Chair, custom made to the winner's specs by Brian Boggs Chairmakers
• A featured showcase spot at the 2014 Sundance ASCAP Music Café
• Cool new gear from Moog Music.

To submit to the 2013 NewSong Contest, please visit http://newsong-music.com/contest

We'd like to offer a discount for submitting to this year's contest using the following discount code when checking out on our safe and secure online submission platform.

This code will provide a $5 discount on checkout for one song entry, and a $10 discount for two songs, on top of these already discounted Early Bird prices(through May 19):

One Song: $30
Two Songs: $55
Additional Songs: $15 each

HERE'S YOUR DISCOUNT CODE:
msnc2013songwriting

Finally, I've attached a helpful infographic we've recently created that includes important contest dates and information.

Thank you in advance for helping to spread the word. We're committed to letting as many deserving singer-songwriters know about this opportunity as we can.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

--
Ford Willis
NewSong Music
828-232-4314 x303
Asheville, NC @ Echo Mountain Recording
newsong-music.com
newsongrecordings.com