Hi Florida Roadtrip Performers!

It took a while but with the help of many of you, we locked in all the venues for the 4 Florida Roadtrip dates. Since some of you are playing at more than one (or may want to) I thought I'd send you all an update with the locations of all 4 venues and the current lineups for each show. We always welcome more performers if you have friends that should be there but aren't on the list yet. You're also welcome to sign up for more than 1 show if you'd like in Florida or anywhere else for that matter. We're getting a bit full in Tampa, but we'll still squeeze a few more in if someone wants to participate. In all the other cities we have room for more artists.
In all 4 cases, I won't set a final performance order until the week of the show. I wait that long because we have a lot of additions and cancellations that happen right up until show time and setting the performance order this early is pointless. If you need to cancel, just send me an email and let me know.

These shows should be diverse and fun. We have a nice mix of bands, solo, duos and a wide array of genres at each show. That always makes it more fun! Below I will post the names of the artists signed up and the locations and times/dates for each show. At the bottom of this email I will include info on how additional artists can sign up. Feel free to forward that to your friends or local musicians/songwriter groups. You don't have to be a current JPF member to participate. But you do need to sign up like everyone else.
----------------------------------
Monday, July 23rd
Jacksonville, FL

7PM for Networking 8PM for Music

Venue: 9th and Main
1850 N. Main St.
Jacksonville, FL
www.9thandmain.com

Artists Confirmed:

Double R
Carla M. Jones
Rudi Mwongozi
Rebekah Loweke
Butch Peck
Big Lo
PSALM RIDERS
Krishna Rose
David Milam
Terrill & Company
Rebekah Loweke
Rege Lark
Sheena G.
Gary Douglas Campbell
Ken and Cee Cee
Larry Mangum
Sharon Resnikoff
Sheena G
Hwy19
Ultimati
Chelsea Saddler
AntarcticPopElection
----------------------------------
Tuesday, July 24th
Orlando (Eustis) Florida

Venue: A Third Place
12 E Magnolia Ave
Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 357-9595
www.athirdplacepubcafe.com

Yahaloma
Grayson Wells-Mechanical Soul
Kevin Browne
Michael Matone
Double R
Sheryl Paige
Cyd Ward
Johnny Bulford
Rebekah Loweke
John Bartus
Ultimati
Mystic Hen
Steve Henderlong
Fickle
Richard Farsi
Serina Jung
John Friday
Hwy19
Sharon Resnikoff
Sean and Mike
The Forefathers
Dan Gribbin
Stephen Sloan
AntarcticPopElection
Richard Gilewitz
---------------------------------------------
Friday, July 27th
Tampa, Florida

Puttin' On The Ritz
1503 E. 7th Ave
Tampa, Florida

6PM for Networking 7PM for Music (We're starting 1 hour early due to lineup size)

Yahaloma
John McEwen
Rebecca Lindsey
Jim McGonigle
Richard MacLemale
Mike Worrall and Tom Stephens
Jak Kelly
Al Alvarez
Jeff Blake
Dan Copleland
Leigh and Steve Humes
Papaya Boy
James Hawkins and Cold Harbor
Jerry Jakala
Ray Zee McCool Band
Lorna Bracewell
Jules Dobrowolski
Steve Vaclavik
Don Noble
Sean C. Sinback
Double R
The Slavestate Sound System
Bruce and Colin
Justin Kline
Tim Porter
Rebekah Loweke
Sheila Hughes Band
Livingston Hurlock
Carl Wade & Barbara Shaffer
John Friday
Big Lo
The Relics
Ranger
Skubz
Robert Roberg
Kat Epple
Krishna Rose
Frances Williams
Mystic Hen
ka'hryn
Kalako
Ricko
39Stripes
ROBU
Richard Farsi
Papos Frassica
Stephanie Carpenter
Geezer and the Time Train Band
Hwy19
Ultimati
Stephen Sloan
-----------------------------------------
Saturday, July 28th
Tallahassee, FL

Venue: A&J Blues Cafe, Inc.
2809 Sharer Rd
Tallahassee, Florida
www.ajbluescafe.com

Natalie Farr
Paxton Roberts
Mark Leadon
Jluv
Double R
Carla M. Jones
C.H.A.D.
Grant Peeples and the Baker Act
Hal Shows
James Butler Band
The Mayhaws
Lead Crystal
Steve Sternberg
Paul Harbin
Big Lo
Carmen Taylor
Astara Summers
Krishna Rose
G (gpeeps@mindspring.com)
Terrill & Company
ka'hryn
Kalako
Ricko
ROBU
ScrapIron Songsmith
Jim Crozier
Sheena G
Hwy19
Ultimati
AntarcticPopElection
-----------------------------------
Here's the info you can use to get friends signed up (or to sign up for an additional show if you want):

We encourage all of you to invite friends not on the list from your area to join us. If you don't know a single other artist/songwriter to invite, the good news is that going forward after these shows you'll know a whole bunch artists/writers in your area!

If you know other local groups (NSAI, Regional/State Songwriter Associations, etc.) that might like to join us, we welcome everyone, including non-JPF members. All they need to do is the following:
------------------------
To get a performance slot at one or more Roadtrip shows:

1. Email these requests to justplainfolks@aol.com (this is the ONLY email address you can use to sign up. PLEASE do NOT send requests to jpnotes@aol.com, jpfolkspro@aol.com or anywhere else. You won't get signed up!).

2. In the Email Subject field, please place the date(s) and cities you want to attend (You can include multiple cities in one email if you want).

3. Inside the email, please include:
--------------------
Date(s)/City(s) Interested in:
Artist/Band Name:
Contact Name: (If different from above)
Full Address:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Music Genre:
Band Size and Instrumentation:
Short Descriptions of your music, style and experience: (Please keep this to a couple sentences MAX!)
Special Time Needs: (Note: we can only accommodate "early" or "late" on a first come first served basis)
----------------------
That's all there is to it! We'll send out updates to each show lineup with more details every few days leading up to the event.
------------------------
Are you having trouble explaining what a Roadtrip is to friends? Here's a detailed FAQ that should answer every question they have. (It also lists all the cities/dates of the tour below the main post).

Roadtrip FAQ:
http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485183&page=1#Post485183

I have also had requests for a Press Release about the show. I wrote a generic template you are welcome to use. It's long, so just use the parts you need or have room for and feel free to customize it for your city.

Roadtrip Press Release Template:
http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=495679&page=1#Post495679

If you need anything, email me here at justplainfolks@aol.com. If it's too urgent for email, my cell number is 317-513-6557.

See you all soon!

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
www.jpfolks.com
jpfolkspro@aol.com

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney