JPF Home Page
Posted By: Everett Adams Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/03/15 06:33 PM
Hitchbot journeyed through three countries unscathed but only made it as far as Philadelphia before it was vandalized. There is hope that it might be rebuilt to continue the experiment.
A little scary Everett. I'm sure someone can program it to destroy. Just like the Terminator. Probably why the Philadelphians vandalized it. LOL

John smile
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/04/15 03:03 PM
Maybe they should have programed in a self defense mechanism so if someone tried to harm it it would give them a shock or scream bloody murder or something, something like cars do when someone tries to break in.
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/04/15 03:58 PM
I had been following this story. It is such a shame that hitchbot got vandalised, still his sign did say ‘San Francisco or bust’, so guess in the end it was bust. And if it wasn’t in Philly it would have been somewhere else. It would have been a real coo if he had made it, but that’s probably just a little bit too much to expect from us erratic humans smile
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/05/15 02:08 PM
I guess the person was a bully that found something to beat up that couldn't fight back. Some people just love to destroy and vandalize things. I just don't understand the mentality of people like that.
Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/06/15 10:23 PM
It was as inevitable as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, Everett.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/07/15 02:35 PM
Lisa, unfortunately there is an element of society that acts that way, I wonder what happened in their past that makes them bitter that way.
Posted By: Tom Shea Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/07/15 03:50 PM
He was a good man -----
Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/07/15 06:26 PM
Good man, my foot!
He was a freeloader!!
laugh
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Hitchbot's journey ends in Philly - 08/08/15 03:36 PM
He (it) only asked for a ride, did not ask for money or food, maybe a little oil once in a while. LOL I don't think it was all that talkative and I don't think it sang at all. There was no worry that it was going to rob you of you car or money, if it took up too much room you could stick it in the trunk, it would not complain.LOL
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards