JPF Home Page
…A manuscript of the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Romans has been found, dated to the mid-first century. Not only that, but Latin writing in the upper left-hand corner of the scroll has been translated. It reads, “Endorsed by Caligula”.

I kid.

Such a thing would’ve been unthinkable to the Apostles of Christ.
And it should be unthinkable today.

Politicians using religion to further their agenda is as old as Nimrod and the cities he founded, Nineveh and Babel. So that’s not surprising. Nor am I writing this because of the politician involved. Christians should beware of any leader putting his arm around their faith. And they should avoid it. Along with any so-called shepherds who encourage it, even if they have impressive religious titles, or appear on cable news networks they prefer.

Note these plainly written verses: “…they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” (John 17:16 ESV) “You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore, whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4 ESV)

There isn’t a single verse in the New Testament recommending that Christians step into the tarpit of this world’s politics.

Hey, I get it…a lot of working class, church-going Americans prefer the elderly, corrupt politician who put money into their pockets, as opposed to the elderly, corrupt politician who’s taking it out of their pockets.

Nevertheless, we should resist the temptation to fall for any political con, even the possible lesser of two evils. And that includes internet/Twitter fads, no matter what Christian façade they present.

Remember, we are to love and pray for those who oppose us. We want them to be saved, even as The Father and Son do. And we are not showing the Good News in the best of light if we align ourselves with smarmy politicos. We are, in fact, bringing reproach and very likely stumbling others.

Note Paul’s words to Christians living in the ancient, highly immoral pagan city of Corinth:

“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God. Just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved. Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.” (1st Corinthians 10:31-11:1 ESV)

Robert George
If this kid can have a Christian YouTube channel so can you!

to
Thanks, FD, I appreciate the thought, but I'm not a guy who's ever going to make YouTube videos. I don't even care about music videos, and have only seen a handful since the early 90s.

I think writing is the most convincing way to make a point, especially a religious one.

Another consideration...this world will idolize anything, anyone, at any time, no matter how mediocre the accomplishment. That applies to Christians, too. (See 1st Corinthians chapter 1)

A Christian personality who's a bad public speaker is wasting his time on YouTube. If he's a good public speaker, he risks being "followed".

This can be a problem for writers, too, but the danger is amplified with audio and video.

Furthermore, I'm a counter-programmer. Always have been. I tend to advise Christians to avoid politics, pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter (free your mind, time, and wallet...ignore them ALL), as well as doctrines with roots that are likely pagan, such the Triune Godhead dogma.

Stuff a mainstream evangelist would be ostracized for saying, even though it's all true. It also would only take a five minute video to say.

I'd rather write something, then post it where useful. That's what they did from Moses (1500BC) to the Apostle John (100AD), and it worked out pretty well. 😀
Originally Posted by couchgrouch
Thanks, FD, I appreciate the thought, but I'm not a guy who's ever going to make YouTube videos. I don't even care about music videos, and have only seen a handful since the early 90s.

I think writing is the most convincing way to make a point, especially a religious one.

Another consideration...this world will idolize anything, anyone, at any time, no matter how mediocre the accomplishment. That applies to Christians, too. (See 1st Corinthians chapter 1)

A Christian personality who's a bad public speaker is wasting his time on YouTube. If he's a good public speaker, he risks being "followed".

This can be a problem for writers, too, but the danger is amplified with audio and video.

Furthermore, I'm a counter-programmer. Always have been. I tend to advise Christians to avoid politics, pagan holidays like Christmas and Easter (free your mind, time, and wallet...ignore them ALL), as well as doctrines with roots that are likely pagan, such the Triune Godhead dogma.

Stuff a mainstream evangelist would be ostracized for saying, even though it's all true. It also would only take a five minute video to say.

I'd rather write something, then post it where useful. That's what they did from Moses (1500BC) to the Apostle John (100AD), and it worked out pretty well. 😀

Well, you bkew your chance to make millions haha

It's not like it was when the net first started though . It's the norm. I think Jesus would be using YouTube , cause of the potential to reach so many people.

You could use it as just a promo to the writing, which you can find here.... Kind of thing

Were computer people now the Bible is used to help people fall asleep, and used in ways never imagined before.

You could just give a brief statement and then link to read
It is the norm.

All of us have to be careful of saying, "...Jesus would do this today."

The timing of Jesus' first advent was set in place, long in advance. (Daniel 9:24-27)

And that timing was perfect, as are all of Yahweh’s ways. Koine Greek had spread throughout the land, and was the perfect language of the New Testament, easily understood, easy to copy, and translate.

Not only that, but Romans were superb builders, and the Gospel was easily, and quickly carried near and far on excellent Roman roads.

Plus, Jesus' miracles would've had little effect today, when everything is accused of being fake after a few hours. Jesus' enemies never accused him of trickery. Even the Talmud acknowledged Jesus' miracles, it just claimed He did them by sorcery, even as the religious leaders did in the 1st century. (Matthew 12, Luke 11)

For me, anyway, the wheel still works...so does the written word. And who wants to fit in with "the norm"? 😉
He would also be expected to perform miracles on video. Then the myth buster teams would examine the video for doctoring.

Plus ,every stand byer around would be holding up their phones as it happens

CNN and Fox would have different spins on the same video.

It's just such a different world and different time.

He'd run into way more scrutiny today and if He used tech to record a miracle, He could essentially prove Himself to the entire world.

He may not want it that way I don't know
When Jesus comes to earth again, the world will know it because He will be coming as King setting up His government to rule with a rod of iron for a thousand years.
Originally Posted by Everett Adams
When Jesus comes to earth again, the world will know it because He will be coming as King setting up His government to rule with a rod of iron for a thousand years.
.that will draw more views than the recent eclipse
It's my opinion, whatever scrutiny He came under, wouldn't be based on reason, and a love of truth. People today are no smarter, no more inclined to love God, than they were then.

Ps Amen, Everett
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards