It was all in the touch
As they became one

Two lovers able to find
That they were two of a kind

(C) PVD
Posted By: Michael Zaneski

Re: Two of a kind - 08/10/19 05:54 PM

Hi Mimmo,

I like the composition Very good write. Emotive vocals.

I wonder how this would work with a really quiet, intimate sound. They are shy, quiet people. I am wondering how a quieter, more intimate arrangement with more of a bedroom voice would sound. Words and music may sound more organically connected that way? There's no science behind this..just feelings, and feelings are subjective..

I enjoyed listening.. smile

Mike

Posted By: Mimmo

Re: Two of a kind - 08/12/19 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Zaneski
Hi Mimmo,

I like the composition Very good write. Emotive vocals.

I wonder how this would work with a really quiet, intimate sound. They are shy, quiet people. I am wondering how a quieter, more intimate arrangement with more of a bedroom voice would sound. Words and music may sound more organically connected that way? There's no science behind this..just feelings, and feelings are subjective..

I enjoyed listening.. smile

Mike

Hi Mike
Thanks for listening...Worth checking in to it...I'll work a bit on it and see if I can make it work that way.
Regards
Mimmo
Posted By: E Swartz

Re: Two of a kind - 08/17/19 03:33 AM

Hi Mimmo!

I also like your tune and the vibe you have going. My thoughts were sort of in the line with Mike's, and maybe his sug is better. My first thoughts were that your lead vox feels a little too disconnected and dry for the aggressive arrangement--I'd add some compression to your lead vox and a little more room reverb to "glue" the vox better with the mix--your voice always cuts through the mix well. Maybe a couple db less volume on vox with some compression and verb--JMO.

I enjoyed your song, nice write!

steady-eddie

Re: Two of a kind - 08/17/19 10:53 AM

Ed:
Thanks so much for your thoughts on the song...This was a first draft, still working on the vocals(when I have a bit of time).
I'm hoping to get a better balanced mix, until now I had one track for the music, now I have separate tracks, I'm going to see if there is any more room for anything else.
Thanks again for listening and commenting on it
Regards
Mimmo
Posted By: ckiphen

Re: Two of a kind - 08/17/19 03:19 PM

Love the lyrics and their structure. Unfortunately couldn't play the soundcloud on my phone.

Re: Two of a kind - 08/18/19 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by ckiphen
Love the lyrics and their structure. Unfortunately couldn't play the soundcloud on my phone.

I think the link was broken ...Try the new link in the main post
Posted By: JAPOV

Re: Two of a kind - 08/18/19 05:12 AM

I agree with Michael... Your Vox sounds tentative, like you're reaching a bit. Tune it down a step and just relax with it smile

Re: Two of a kind - 08/19/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by JAPOV
I agree with Michael... Your Vox sounds tentative, like you're reaching a bit. Tune it down a step and just relax with it smile

Hi Japov.
The vocals still need to be finalized I'm waiting for one more track . I did this p[articular track in one take late after work one night., I'm still trying to get the best for it...

I don't think I'm trying to reach, really, if I felt that way I would not post it anywhere. I think what Mike was saying (the way I read it...I could be wrong!!!) was to try and sing it in a soft manner , like whispering, I think he mentioned bed room voice, or some like that.
Thanks for listening and commenting on it.
Mimmo
Posted By: Travis david

Re: Two of a kind - 09/13/19 06:24 PM

Hi Mimmo ice onereallyenjiyed it
John
Posted By: Dave Rice

Re: Two of a kind - 10/03/19 12:25 PM

Late for the Ball again, Mimmo... Sorry! I've been absent for a month or two attempting to fine tune some fairly serious health issues. I clicked on the link and the song had been taken down... so for now, I can't provide you with feedback. I did read the lyric... and there is a story there. I also know you are capable of delivering it and realize you gave us ample warning that it is a work in progress. Stick with it, my friend. When it's time... a good song will emerge.

All the best, ----Dave

Re: Two of a kind - 10/03/19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Late for the Ball again, Mimmo... Sorry! I've been absent for a month or two attempting to fine tune some fairly serious health issues. I clicked on the link and the song had been taken down... so for now, I can't provide you with feedback. I did read the lyric... and there is a story there. I also know you are capable of delivering it and realize you gave us ample warning that it is a work in progress. Stick with it, my friend. When it's time... a good song will emerge.

All the best, ----Dave

Hi Dave ....Thanks for taking the time...I just completed this last night, I tried looging on here before your post, but was not able too..

Main post also updated.

https://soundcloud.com/domenic-mercurio/two-of-a-kind-oct2
Posted By: Dave Rice

Re: Two of a kind - 10/03/19 10:20 PM

Thanks for the link, Mimmo:

What a beautiful song. Enjoyed my listen. I also enjoyed reading some of our friend's comments and suggestions. It's all about experimentation when exploring new ways to record and perform a song. Do what moves you and you'll seldom go wrong.

Regards, ----Dave

Re: Two of a kind - 10/04/19 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Thanks for the link, Mimmo:

What a beautiful song. Enjoyed my listen. I also enjoyed reading some of our friend's comments and suggestions. It's all about experimentation when exploring new ways to record and perform a song. Do what moves you and you'll seldom go wrong.

Regards, ----Dave

Thanks Dave.
I am happy with the turn out of this song, Thanks for listening.
Mimmo
Posted By: E Swartz

Re: Two of a kind - 10/06/19 02:07 PM

Mimmo,

Definitely an improvement! Sounding really nice.

steady-eddie

Re: Two of a kind - 10/07/19 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by E Swartz
Mimmo,

Definitely an improvement! Sounding really nice.

steady-eddie

Thanks Eddie
© 2020 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards