JPF Home Page
Posted By: Gerry Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/17/20 04:08 PM
After spending weeks on a track that is just not going to happen in my frustration I produced this one in as many days. That´s the way it goes some times :-) Oh and yes it is in A minor.

Hope you like it https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238/conversations-in-a-minor-key

Best,

Gerry
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/18/20 01:50 AM
How could the listener "not like this one"... Gerry:

Home run, my friend. Best wishes for success in placing it in a romantic film or commercial... needing that bluesy feel. Funny how inspiration can strike from an entirely different direction. The good news... you took full advantage of it. Nice!

----Dave
Posted By: John W. Selleck Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/18/20 02:00 AM
Hi Gerry,
I love jazz, but I don't listen to a lot of instrumentals. That said, this was well worth listening to. If you were going for beautiful, you hit it. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/19/20 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rice
How could the listener "not like this one"... Gerry:

Home run, my friend. Best wishes for success in placing it in a romantic film or commercial... needing that bluesy feel. Funny how inspiration can strike from an entirely different direction. The good news... you took full advantage of it. Nice!

----Dave

Many thanks Dave all the best,
Gerry

Originally Posted by John W. Selleck
Hi Gerry,
I love jazz, but I don't listen to a lot of instrumentals. That said, this was well worth listening to. If you were going for beautiful, you hit it. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure and many thanks John. Best,
Gerry
Posted By: Steve Altonian Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/19/20 05:31 PM
When you post something Jerry
I am always amazed at how you work in these lead instruments. strings, sax, oboes etc. whatever it is you use

Always easy listening
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/22/20 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Altonian
When you post something Jerry
I am always amazed at how you work in these lead instruments. strings, sax, oboes etc. whatever it is you use

Always easy listening

Many thanks Steve. Best,

Gerry
Excellent Gerry! Wondering what samples you use? They're very good.

Best, John smile
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/23/20 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick

Best, John smile

Hi John, as you know this is all keyboard generated. 90% is using Komplete 12 Ultimate from Native Instruments, the backing strings are a Multi from Project Sam Symphobia. The Tenor Sax over on the right and the Flugel Horn in the middle are both from Ueberschall sample libraries. Lastly I switched from Cubase 10.5 Pro a short while back to using Studio One 4.6 which I have just upgraded to 5. I just find Studio One more intuitive and so much quicker for getting ideas down quickly sure its not as complete as Cubase but for how I work its much better. With only 4GB of RAM on my old PC Cubase made it grunt at times LOL. Best,

Gerry
Originally Posted by Gerry
Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick

Best, John smile

Hi John, as you know this is all keyboard generated. 90% is using Komplete 12 Ultimate from Native Instruments, the backing strings are a Multi from Project Sam Symphobia. The Tenor Sax over on the right and the Flugel Horn in the middle are both from Ueberschall sample libraries. Lastly I switched from Cubase 10.5 Pro a short while back to using Studio One 4.6 which I have just upgraded to 5. I just find Studio One more intuitive and so much quicker for getting ideas down quickly sure its not as complete as Cubase but for how I work its much better. With only 4GB of RAM on my old PC Cubase made it grunt at times LOL. Best,

Gerry

Good selection of samples. But we both know, it takes a lot of work to make these samples sound great. And you did it.

I use the Kirk Hunter solo strings for my violin, but it takes a lot of work editing. Your sax sounds really good. I haven't been able to find a sax sample as good as yours. I've been using a live sax player for the last dozen sax tracks.

Best, John smile
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/25/20 11:57 AM
Hi John I also have Spotlight Strings but only use one Cello patch from that which I have tweaked, anything else string wise is from Symphobia. I am currently changing my Audio Interface which I have had for six years which thanks to Amazon who work Sundays its being delivered tomorrow. Boys and their Toys. ;-)
Best,

Gerry
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 07/30/20 03:42 AM
Gerry,

I feel your pain, having spent a few weeks on three solo efforts, none of which are coming together. But then you put the aside to work on something new, and it all seems so easy. Go figure. A moody, atmospheric track you have here—really pro mix. Makes me feel like I’m watching some 1940’s film noir . . . in black and white of course. What’s not to like?

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 08/03/20 02:12 PM
Hi DJ as always than you my friend. Best,

Gerry
Posted By: kevinism Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 08/06/20 02:45 PM
Very atmospheric and great use of software instruments, this was meant to be a movie soundtrack! Really liked it, thanks Kevin
Posted By: Gerry Re: Conversations In A Minor Key - 08/07/20 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by kevinism
Very atmospheric and great use of software instruments, this was meant to be a movie soundtrack! Really liked it, thanks Kevin

Thanks Kevin glad you liked it. stay safe, best,
Gerry
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards