Chorus
We've been thru many tight times
We'd always make it out for Saturday night
We'd dance so slow to the end of each note
I'd memorize every word you softly spoke
Of all of this that bothers me the most
I'll never get to dance with you up close

------------------
Poems belong in bookstores. Lyrics belong in songs.
Ken, what happened to this guy? Why did he lose function in his legs?

------------------
"Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -- Les Brown
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/triciabakermusic.htm
Hi tricia, I didnt know how to fit it in the song. But he was diagnosed with a rare joint and bone disorder. Thanks for the reply I appreceate it. Take care Ken.....
Hi, Ken. This is nicely told. I'm a rehab nurse.........that's why I asked that question. Sorry. [Linked Image]

------------------
"Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -- Les Brown
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/triciabakermusic.htm
Thanks again Tricia, This song was pretty personal so I sure would appreceate any suggestions. Some how explain why he cant walk in the second verse or so.I'm just deadlocked on how to do it or express the torn down feelings while tring to remain strong. Thanks again. Ken.....
HiDee Ken!

"(I'll) Never Dance With You Close..Again"
sounds like the Hook, simplified.

BUT..I'll always remember my Niece's dancin' with a Wheelchair-Bound Guy at Her Weddin'...it brought tears to Many in The Crowd, me included. So I kinda fail to get Overly-Sentimental when I read this Lyric, based on Experience. Ya don't REALLY Need Feet to dance..just a Sweet, Moderately-Strong Gal to move the Chair for ya..heh!

Might keep that in-mind as ya rewrite, Amigo!

Good Luck with a Sad One, I DO wish your friend Well..Life's a Tough Game to Play, but ya can't Wallow in Pity when ya see how well Others Cope in Real Life..JMO.

Big Guy-Hug,
Stan
Hi Stan, thanks for the words of encouagement.And the reply. Its kinda hard to explain with out people thinking your looking for self pity. But this is actually happening to me. And after being married fourteen years the one thing I still loved was dancing Saterday nights. I might take up more you room on the dance floor but I'll sure give it a try.Yeah sometimes its amazing what life can thro at ya. But I've had time to accept this. And am working on ways I can still hunt and fish and do the things I like out doors. Thanks again. Ken...
HiDee Again, Trapper!

WOW..Extry Sad this is Happenin' to YOU, Amigo! But KNOW you'll Cope & Carry On, & we're All Lucky you can STILL Write a Good Heartfelt Song, Buddy!

I've made friends with a 30-Something Country Guitarist-Singer/Writer goin' by Stage Name of "Jeffro" at Webster Flea Market. Jeffro's got Bad Circulation in Both Legs...One's been amputated a while back, & other just had 2-3 stents put in last month to try to save it. He sings for folks to put a few bucks in his Coffee Can every Monday..& lots of folks DO..he's pretty genuine Old Country!

Half he gives to his Church. I've seen him singing in the Hottest Days..the Rainiest Days...etc..& he comes back week-after-week. I find him Pretty Inspiring!

Email me your Phone No. and I'll give it to Jeffro next Monday. Think you Guys'll
enjoy knowin' each other! (Ditto Your Wives!)

BIG Sympathetic Guy-Hug,
Stan
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards