JPF Home Page
From Jason Blume, not Jason Blum:

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/10_things_you_need_to_know_about_placing_music_on_tv_and_in_films

John smile
Jason was one of early JPF Mentors... he always has good info to share.

Brian
If this is him Brian: http://www.jasonblume.com/ he's been big time successful!

John smile
Yeah, I know John. Like I said he has been involved with JPF since the 90's. He used to post here even at one time, but then things exploded for him. He took over the mantle for John Braheny in terms of educating, and we picked up the community stuff. Really nice guy.
He looks rather young in the photo. May be an old photo.

John smile
He's likely 5-10 years older than me or more.
I have read Jason's articles before, and they are always very informative. I agree that in todays digital world licensing is a good source of income. Especially since most album cuts have to be written with either the artist or producer anymore. I have several songs with Crucial Music and keep submitting more and more. Their screening process is tough, but it has proved to be a good company to work with. The hardest hurdle for me is not having instrumental tracks on most of my older demos. I don't know if they would accept a song without them. Thanks John for posting this buddy! Great article!

Marvin
John, that link isn't working.

Donna
Originally Posted by DonnaMarilyn

Donna

Hmm... Just clicked on it and it opened. Maybe it's not available in locations below sea level. grin

Best, John smile
Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick

Donna

Hmm... Just clicked on it and it opened. Maybe it's not available in locations below sea level. grin

Best, John smile

Now you're just being mean! grin

Hmmm. Tried again, still doesn't work. Maybe I'll attempt it with Chrome instead of Safari.

Donna
Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick

Donna

Best, John smile

Now you're just being mean! grin

Hmmm. Tried again, still doesn't work. Maybe I'll attempt it with Chrome instead of Safari.

Donna

I'm using Firefox Donna.
It works on chrome.
I got a pretty funny text from Jason yesterday. Recently I have put some "Suggestions for recording" on the Internet on some forums I am involved with. Part of that was facebook. Jason texted me to let me know he was almost finished with an article he is writing for the BMI newsletter and about half of them were pretty much exactly what I had said. he wanted me to know that he hadn't "stolen anything from me." He said "I might steal songs, but not articles, lol!"

Very nice guy and one of the most knowledegable in this business.

MAB
Yeah he's always been a nice guy truly trying to help people improve.
Posted By: R&M Re: Some good info for placing music on TV... - 02/25/17 05:44 PM
I am looking to get in to internships. Part of that outside of voice overdubs is soundtrack stuff. This may be out of what I am doing with this topic, yet the people more prominent in the market got their start from somewhere. I would like all the opinions I could get for what I do in TV and radio.
Matt,

Do you mean "how to compose" for that business or "how to get a job" in that business? If you want to learn film scoring, for example, there are many fine music schools that offer complete degrees in that, If you want to be an intern, often that means being a copyist which requires high competency in compositional theory, music writing/reading, writing for each instrument (charts and beyond) and so on.

I could go on, but I don't really understand your question?
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards