|
7 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, bennash, Everett Adams, Raymond Byabazaire, 1 invisible),
90,185
guests, and
5,947
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 5,581 |
Amazing piece of work, Mr. Nelson. I love the change in mood from the verses to the chorus which becomes somewhat whimsical musically. My only nit lyric wise is the second line of the first verse.
I can feel the warmth from a firefly; hear its sweet song on the wind.
What is the sweet song of a firefly as they don't make a sound that we hear? It's a poetic notion I'll grant you but doesn't make sense to me. Probably doesn't matter as it's such grand poetry for a song but it did jump out at me when I read and listened for the second time. But like I said, it's no big thing.
You really painted a collage of moods withing one song musically and I'm glad I got to hear it in it's early form. It stands alone just fine as is but with what you have in mind for it I can't wait to hear it in finalized form. Thanks for sharing it with us, Sir.
Stevie
I'm the only person here who is not unique.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|