|
5 members (texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
44,825
guests, and
6,049
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,559 |
This is an old tune I wrote in 2012, that I decided to re-record in honor of my son's graduation this past weekend from Florida State University. I originally recorded it when I knew even less about home recording than I do now, with just a guitar and mic (pre-DAW). I was never happy with that recording, so I decided to rearrange, re-record and give it a bigger production. Feedback is appreciated. Jared's Song (2015)Music & Lyrics by David S. Becker ©2015 David S. Becker Music All Rights Reserved https://soundcloud.com/gocartmoz/jareds-song-2015 Verse 1I remember when I was much younger I'd gaze up at the sky and wonder What I did To deserve this kid Verse 2Well somewhere along the line I must have Shined a little light while God had looked my way I'll never forget that day Pre -ChorusThe day my son breathed life And I looked at my wife Holding this newborn tyke Chorus (1 - 8)And it's 1,2 ... You stand on your own 3,4... You tell us your name And the years fly by Right before my eyes And it's 5,6 ... "Dad can we play" 7,8 ... You'd talk so much I was so amazed At every word you'd say Verse 3So much time has passed since then Stupid fights and "where ya beens'" Don't matter none You've just begun Verse 4And you're off to school and on your own I think about how time has flown Your soul has soared The eyes of a child have roared Pre-ChorusYou've gone to live your life I pray we taught you right I pray your light shines bright Chorus ( 9-16)And it's 9,10 ... Your out with a friend 11,12 ... Your scorin' a goal I scream "that's my boy" You were my pride & joy And it's 13,14 ... Another game 15, 16 ... More of the same You were a rising star You had come so far SoloChorus (17-20)Well it's 17,18.19,20 "Can I borrow the car and can I have some money" "I 'll be home real late" "Don't stay up and wait" OutroAnd the years keep rolling by That's no child before my eyes And the years keep rolling by Thats a man before my eyes You've gone to live your life I pray we taught you right I pray your light shines bright Tonight and every night
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,816
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|