Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,490
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,490 |
This song is a personal story that Ricki brought to precious life! The fact that Ricki pulled a certain kind of life out of death is special to me beyond words. I posted this on Forum 3. It was called “Wake Up, My Dream.” Ricki significantly edited the lyric down and renamed it appropriately…Benjamin. Benjamin's heart stopped beating on September 11, 2001. Ricki didn’t know that when she sent me the MP3 two days ago. To say that I think she created a beautiful song is an understatement. Thank you, Ricki, for putting your great talent, and your heart, into this! Lisa BENJAMIN -Soundclick BENJAMIN - Soundcloud ©Ricki E. Bellos & Lisa Gundling I call him in my mind Staring at the ultrasound How can such a heavy loss Weigh less than a pound Sixteen weeks of life Feeling him so much alive Begging him to be strong Truth cuts like the surgeon’s knife Benjamin, I scream And will his heart to beat on that screen Please won’t you stay Don’t fly away Benjamin, wake up, my dream, wake up After all these years My cheeks have never dried Through the blood and all the tears The mother in me still dies Benjamin, I scream And will his heart to beat on that screen Please won’t you stay Don’t fly away Benjamin, wake up, my dream, wake up It was such a wondrous time I was ready to share my body and soul Ready for his life but not his end Benjamin, I scream And will his heart to beat on that screen Please won’t you stay Don’t fly away Benjamin, wake up, my dream, wake up Benjamin, I still call to him Wake up, my dream, wake up Benjamin
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|