|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Gary E. Andrews, Sunset Poet, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
23,089
guests, and
5,575
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6
Top 25 Poster
|
OP
Top 25 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6 |
Mike did the demo. turn it UP. https://soundcloud.com/wabash-cannibal/sherwood-b-nice-rita-final-v13-wav Sherwood B. Nice ©2019 Don Raye/Charles Berry/Robert George BMI
Well, I drove out to a joint near Hackensack Drinkin’ Miller Light and crankin’ Back in Black She was dancin’ at a strip club called the “Body Shop” And her beauty hit me like a damned karate chop I felt lucky and I thought I’d roll the dice Fill my lonely world, With a midnight girl Tell her that my name is Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Nice
Well, that dame was hotter than a solar flare But my luck was colder than a polar bear I heard she’d had congress with a lusty senator Why would she care about a dusty janitor She won’t want a bum like me at any price I’m a workin’ man, With calloused hands Cuz my chain gang daddy called me Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Nice
She was movin’ to a song by Hoobastank It put me under pressure like a scuba tank I learned long ago that love is hard n cruel Bein’ poor’s a crime and love don’t pardon fools When I left she didn’t bother to look twice I drove home, All alone Cursin’ that my name was Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Sherwood B. Nice Rita ©2019 Elias McDaniel/Robert George BMI
I was just a Miller low life With no friends and no wife Blastin’ some old song by Doug Sahm Cheap cigar stinkin’ like a bug bomb That single wide was rockin’ I almost didn’t hear her knockin’ Well, she moved just like a cheetah And she said her name was Rita I say, hey Rita Oh, Rita I say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Rita Oh, Rita
I said, “You’ve been with the DC deep state Why you want a greasy cheap date” She said, “I’ve been broke and busted And betrayed by those I’ve trusted I’ve been a Hackensack pariah Chained up in a Black Maria Love has made us hard as leather So, you n me should make some love together” I say, hey, hey Rita Oh, Rita I say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Rita Oh, Rita
I say, hey, hey, Rita Oh, Rita I say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Rita Oh, Rita There’s no music like Memphis’ It’s got mystery and the blues for emphasis…
Last edited by couchgrouch; 05/10/19 05:09 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|