Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Good point about people reading the lyrics first. That seems to happen a lot and, unsurprisingly the lyric writers here are particularly prone to doing that. Then they remark that the song was not what they expected when they listened. Usually, they have formed an impression in their minds based on how they are accustomed to hearing their own lyrics put to music. Completely understandable, but it seems to me to be daft to do this when someone has posted a link to a song. I always listen first to get an idea of how well the song works as a combination of music and words without the influence of preconceptions based on reading the lyrics.


Hi Gavin,

I often read first, but FD makes a good point, so like you, I may curb my future over-enthusiasm..


Mike


Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)