|
7 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
14,861
guests, and
5,412
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,419 Likes: 4
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,419 Likes: 4 |
Hi, again, Steve:
Just to clarify my prior response, I do have a general idea of what instruments I think I will want in a mix . . . as I did here. For example, I knew I would want strings for that third and final chorus and thereafter. I knew I wanted a heavy guitar sound in the chorus, that I wanted a piano with held chords somewhere along the line, and that I wanted to close out the song with those vocal "oh" harmonies.
So, it s an initial plan. But once I drag the tracks into my DAW, that's typically where it becomes more organic. For example, I didn't plan on having the strings interlude before the last chorus . . .but I tried it and liked it. I didn't anticipate having the drums play only on the chorus. At some point, I thought adding a cello into the break before the second verse might sound nice (and I've had pretty good success with the BIAB cello). And while I wanted a heavy, edgy sound for the chorus, that didn't come into play until my friend Ray sent me the additional guitar tracks and strings.
So when I say I didn't put a lot of thought into the arrangement, maybe that's not entirely true. I had an initial idea that organically evolved as additional ideas hit me during the mixing process.
That's probably more than you wanted to know, LOL!!! But appreciate the follow up comment!
My best to you,
Deej
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,047
Posts1,185,696
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|