"Ember" Lyrics by David Gill (c) 2024


[V1]
The beach gets cool when the sun goes down
with barely a soul in sight
You and I decide to start
a bonfire in the night
soon we're out of driftwood
and watch as the flames die
I hold you close to warm you
then you begin to cry

[V2]
Summer's almost over
and soon you'll have to leave
I want you to stay longer
but there's no chance for reprieve
the fire's glow has faded
the waves caress the sand
Though neither of us say it
I know you understand

[CH]
Back home when you feel
cold and lonely
I need you to remember
I'll be here. Your one and only
warm and glowing ember

[BR]
Our fires burn
the heat is great
Our passion will not hesitate
In the midnight sun
we fell in love

[V3]
A couple years have come and gone
My life forever changed
No goodbye. No sad, sad song
just memories remain
I watch the waves as they kiss the sand
I think of you and I
My heart can feel the glow again
as I begin to cry

[CH]
Here at home when I feel
cold and lonely
I will always remember
You were here. My one and only
warm and glowing ember.

[CH]
Here at home when I feel
cold and lonely
I will always remember
You were here. My one and only
warm and glowing ember

[OUTRO]
In the midnight sun
we fell in love
I will always remember
In the midnight sun
we fell in love
I will always remember
In the midnight sun
I fell in love with you
My warm and glowing ember


Peace,

Dave


"Where there's a Gill, there's a way"