|
5 members (bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, 1 invisible),
41,483
guests, and
5,929
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,440
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,440 |
Well, I tried to listen, but I could not stand the song so I did not hear enough to pick up the bad parts. I think he is talented, but I hate the music and think the band represents the general homogenization of various genres into a soup of elevator pop music.
Bill, in some ways I agree with your point about tools, but only to a point. New tools do make some tasks easier, and most importantly, faster. However, I totally disagree with the use of pitch correction for a singer. I feel singing is an art form and as such should not be treated as a product. What kind of art would it be if you simply programmed a computer to do all your painting for you? Do you buy a clay plant pot and display it as art? Why not? Maybe because it was mass produced using the tools of pot making, instead of an artist's hand? AMEN!!! You hate Big and Rich; you hate Rascal Flats! Questions - What/who do you LIKE?
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,824
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|