Behringers are great...at first. They are made using the cheapest of cheap components in (basically) off shore sweat shops. They do work though, but I've found with their mixers especially, that the most often used pots will not stand up to years of regular use. I'm not sure if it's the solder type or the quality of the soldering, but they almost all work their way loose over time. I've seen a few come with cold solder joins and have to be serviced even before initial use.

Here in Canada, we have an awesome product: Yorkville Sound, who can be found at any ART dealer, which are distributed by Yorkville in Canada. They, to me are the answer to the vacuous middle ground in sound gear. They have their own low end, but their middle end gear is awesome, and has the best warranty/guarantee anywhere on anything. If you can track down Yorkville Sound gear at any of your local dealers, they're definately worth a look.

If you can manage a few extra bucks, Mackie is by far the best choice, it'll never let you down and has the best preamps of any board.