|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
54,234
guests, and
5,949
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,608
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,608 |
I just went through an experiment with a friend, where we tried several different makes and styles. I quit after a couple of sets but my friend is still trying it.
I can't badmouth any brand that we have tried, they all have a place or use. I also get to play my friends guitars a lot so I know the feel and sound that we are getting.
Some strings didn't last the week. Others went the distance. So far the top choices are D'Addario, both nickle wound electric and phosphor bronze acoustic; Darco bronze wound with silvered steel; Martins and Gibsons.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,820
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|