|
9 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, Gary E. Andrews, Fdemetrio, bennash, 3 invisible),
27,443
guests, and
5,926
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1 |
It's an interesting question - am enjoying reading the responses. All of mine are named after a song on the album. I know albums have probably seen their heyday but I have always loved concept albums and albums that follow a (sometimes loose) theme. To me, the whole of those is always greater than the sum of its parts. That's what I tend to do - not reaching that goal of course but shooting for it.  So if I write a song I particularly like, I start to wonder if it could be part of a theme. If so, I'll start writing to that theme. Most often the title of the album is the title of that first song but not always. Occassionally, I write a song to the theme that has a title that expresses the theme better and then end up using that. Scott
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,811
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sharing in your success is the payback to those who shared in your failure." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|