|
7 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, bennash, Everett Adams, Raymond Byabazaire, 1 invisible),
90,116
guests, and
5,946
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,867
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,867 |
Hey song, You know, as artists, we simply need to find viable ways to stay in the business, make connections and make a living all at the same time.
Our decisions have to be based upon the greatest good for the greatest numbers of areas in our lives. If I can make a great living putting on a Cher wig, and that leaves me more time to do other creative projects and to spend more time with family if I choose, then it's a great compromise.
In any event, it's much better than working a day gig that is not in the biz at all. But, one of the real perks of doing an impersonation is the fact that the audience is already in love with you before you even walk out on stage! Then, you can win them over with your own level of artistic ability. I use my improv and comedic skills in my act to make people laugh. They love it. I've even been told that they liked me better than the real Cher. Of course, I don't think that of myself, but I do love to make people happy. A good impersonator makes an audience very happy. It's a cool gig in that respect.
I've even had letters from numerous persons who have thanked me for making their elderly father so happy when he came to my show and I got him on stage with me. The letters are very gratifying. My favorite was from a 6-year-old girl who drew a picture of me and said she was my biggest fan.
Plus, starring in a major production show in Vegas for 12 years gave me a confidence that transcended into other areas of my work.
I'd rather have made it big as myself, but at least I can survive in this biz and make a decent living to boot.
It hasn't been that bad and I've met a ton of talented people and opened for major stars.
Heidi
"And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." Paul McCartney
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|