|
5 members (Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, texritter, 1 invisible),
16,257
guests, and
5,496
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,831 |
Hi Donna:
Oska has provided an answer about the potential for "handshaking" between these two platforms. It will require some patience and experimentation. There are also "emulator" programs available but they tend to be a little slower than a program run in normal Mac or PC mode. I'm with Jim on this topic... I don't believe either machine is better (or worse) for music, art, photography, etc. It's all about your comfort zone IMHO. I own an iMac (admittedly older machine) and use it for photoshop and even store a few songs there. I also have a desktop PC for creating music and I never connect it to the net for increased security. I simply transfer files (usually songs) from it to my laptop when needed for the net using memory sticks.
I've often wished that the Amiga had survived after Commodore crashed and burned. That little machine (when upgraded with today's technology) would run rings around the Mac or the PC.
Good luck with the "new project" Donna.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,050
Posts1,185,699
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|