Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Hi all. New to the site. I'm a songwriter, I'm sure that you don't get many of those around here.
While I do love writing lyrics, I'm not a singer so I am always on the lookout for someone who wants to perhaps collab on songs or take a song that I have written and record/perform it. Usually when I write, a melody pops in my head first and the words follow so I do record the lyrics with the melody with a warning that I am NOT a singer, but usually, you can get through the song without wanting to claw your eardrums out. Isn't that good news?
But, really... I will post one or two of my songs for critiques and hope to get some good feedback. I look forward to getting to know the community.
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney