Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,235
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,235 |
Joice and Colin and Ant and Ricky-
Thanks much guys... that's exactly the kind of feedback I was I've done a bit of tinkering based on your suggestions. I'm going to wait a few days... then I'll post what'll probably be the final version. I'm pretty much already on to the next thing, but it always helps hitting it w/ fresh ears.
Joice - I've tweaked the lead just a hair. I think you're right.
Colin and Ant and Ricky - Based on everything you guys said, I've cut some bass out of the drums. I've cut down the overall verb to lessen the muddiness. I've also done a bunch of minor tweaking to hopefully, open up the mix a bit more.
Ant - I'm using the low frequency cuts but the upper end boosts make the high hat too shrill. I'm using the sonitus EQ which is stock w/ Sonar... If I had the waves eq or somesuch, I know I probably wouldn't have that problem, but c'est la vie... THANKS! great ears.
Thanks much again,
Peace,
Ian
Last edited by Ian Ferrin; 05/30/11 09:39 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,100
Posts1,185,830
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|