|
8 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio, bennash, 1 invisible),
39,526
guests, and
6,085
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16
Top 50 Poster
|
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,427 Likes: 16 |
Just as an aside to how you never stop with some nervousness, I recently had my own brush with fear.
On Tuesday I heard about a drummer I knew in town (Nashville) putting together a "Little Feat" Tribute band. I usually stay away from these things but Little Feat, a really great New Orleans/southern rock and funk band from the 70's were one of my favorites and their music is VERY challenging and REALLY cool. I knew the drummer, called him up and found out the several lead singers they had auditioned had dropped out due to the rigors of the material. This stuff can really be tough.
So I went by to audition. Sounds like fun and is not going to be that many gigs, a "special occassion" kind of thing. When I got there I really swallowed hard. The players, were ALL huge musicians, some from Muscle Shoals, the guy I knew a major drummer with some very big acts, and the keyboard player, the keyboardist for blues legend, Bonnie Raitt.
I wasn't really worried about the material, I can do most of that standing on my head, but the "PRECISE" nature of these guys were amazing. I had to REALLy get on my stuff. I pulled it off fine, but they are a very detailed bunch and pleasing them would be difficult.
Turns out I got the gig easily and hopefully will get together with our second rehersal next week. But it takes some woodshedding. Usually I am so busy with writing and promoting my own songs and those of my co-writers, but this just seemed to be something for fun. So we'll see.
But even to the most seasoned performer like myself, you still can get that queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach and make you clinch your butt cheeks from time to time. You just have to be on your stuff and dive in.
MAB
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,075
Posts1,185,769
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|