Originally Posted by ben willis
Marc, I know that you already know this, but I feel like I have to explain that Jim was born a socialist, raised as a socialist, and will die a socialist. No one can change his views. He has never lived in a truly free society and will never know what real freedom feels like as he has been taxed to the hilt every day of his working life and never enjoyed the real potential fruits of his labor because of his government.



Ben, what you are ignoring is that society is interdependent. Your "truly free" success stories, those who have "made it", stood on the accomplishments of others, and took others' accomplishments to the next level.

Yes they were bright, took initiative and deserve to benefit from their own ingenuity, but do not ignore the fact they use all that their society (in your cased the USA) built for them, and which was built and paid for by the taxes paid by everyone before them.



If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop