|
8 members (Fdemetrio, bennash, Irwin, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
99,740
guests, and
5,824
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343 |
Big Jim You're killin' me brother.
UNIONS. oh my oh my oh my
What have unions done for America. I was a union dude twice. I quit
The good. Unions brought us out of the stone age, got rid of sweat shops and slave labor. Got us benefits and Pensions. Did a lot of good.
The bad. It got to the point in our union that I couldn't fire a person that sat on their ass and watched the rest of us work. I could get rid of him but he'd just go to another union shop.
We got great wages. I'm mean great. In 1972 I was making $25.00 an hour with benefits for doing a job you could train a monkey to do. Well almost.
Today those same union guys are making about $65.00 per hour. Probably more.
I was on a big city fire department We were making 35 grand a year with unlimited health care and sick days and a great pension after twenty years. We worked about 80 days a year for that. Most us us had a second job. And they went on strike because they weren't getting enough.
Today the Unions have driven our average wage up well over $20.00 and hour (on the check) plus benefits for manufacturing jobs.
China doesn't have all these great unions. The average factory worker in Southern China makes about $00.80 per hour. That's EIGHTY CENTS for what an American Union worker gets paid more than $20.00 per hour. That's why we don't have any jobs. Thank you unions you have done wonders for us.
Why do you think Gibson has two lines of Guitars? Epiphone and Gibson. As do the other major Guitar makers.
An American made Gibson costs about 4 or 5 times what a comparable Epiphone costs.
I'll say it again. Those Wall street protestors are protesting the wrong people and place.
Last edited by Bill Robinson; 10/04/11 04:51 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,106
Posts1,185,851
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|