Mornin' Big Jim:

I'm trying to grasp the concept regarding "rich people." For the sake of discussion, imagine one of your records went cash-viral and you became as rich and famous as the Beatles. In most government tax schemes... you end up paying as you go. Their "watchdogs" (the IRS in the US) want their money up front each quarter. The same scenario holds true for the innovative individual who "parlays" an idea or work ethic into a fortune.

Are you saying that they should pay more than any other citizen? I fail to understand how being rich throws one into another stigmatized class. Isn't that bigotry? I've always wanted to become rich. It's supposedly the American Dream.

If you are saying that our tax laws are so convoluted (sorta like the music industry) so much so, that one must hire accountants, lawyers (barristers) and other minions to keep from paying more than the badly written law requires... then I understand where you are coming from. That is why I favor a flat tax... one where every living soul required to pay taxes on income... should pay the exact same percentage. No ifs, buts, or loopholes about it.

Please explain... 'cause I mean no disrepect. I just want to understand your perspective.

Thanks,

Last edited by Dave Rice; 10/26/11 04:44 PM.