Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 120
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 120 |
I would appreciate feedback of any kind!
The new version is at the very bottom of the page.
Thanks!
Promises
Copyright 2011 / Michael E. Lynch
I don’t hear your country music Or get flowers and red wine Pouring rain, or a new last name Could never wash you off my mind
We took an oath, when we were kids Til death do us part All the precious little memories Keep tearing at my heart
So many things, that I still want to say Promises, we said that we would never break It’s supposed to be me and you, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do, To have you back today
I stand here looking in the mirror At all the emptiness, I face But one of these days, I know we’ll meet again At a different time and a better place
The willow weeps beside our window Your dog still sits right by the door I guess she thinks you’re coming home soon Like so many hundred times before.
So many things, that I still want to say Promises, we said that we would never break It’s supposed to be me and you, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do, To have you here today
Bridge:
You fought so hard, every day these past two years If I could only turn the hour glass, the heartache, and the fear I know you took every last breath that you could To tell me that I’ll be all right, just like I knew you would
Short Solo
So many things, that I still want to say Promises, we said that we would never break It’s supposed to be me and you, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do, To have you home today
Last edited by Telewanger; 01/15/12 03:16 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|