|
5 members (texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
37,947
guests, and
5,738
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574
JPF Mentor
|
JPF Mentor
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 8,574 |
Hey Mags, I've gotten to play with Bare a few times as part of the Country Gold Show, put on by Leroy Van Dyke. All the other acts would rehearse their parts before going on, but Mr. Bare would arrive as late as possible from fishing.  Nice guy. One of my favorite Bobby Bare/Shel Silverstein songs is "Marie Laveaux," a song I sing almost every week at our dance gig. http://youtu.be/8U-WVyXWozAShel Silverstein gave me the best advice about the music business I've ever gotten. It was at the Old Town School of Folk Music. I had been doing some picking and hanging out with Bob Gibson, another compadre of Silverstein's. Shel came in to visit with Bob as I walked in. He asked me if I was wannabe musician and I said, "Yes." He said to just hang in and keep at it, that the more you do and the longer you do it, the more it all builds up. He was right. By the time I'm 100 I should be a star! 
You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. -Johnny Cash It's only music. -niteshift Mike Dunbar Music
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,081
Posts1,185,775
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|