|
6 members (Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
103,979
guests, and
5,872
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,899 Likes: 89
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,899 Likes: 89 |
Mike, I obviously completely misunderstood you and put my words in your mouth. I apologize to you for that.
I don't think a little good luck or happenstance diminishes in any way the talent and hard work that goes into success. I don't think it steals the spotlight from anyone's achievements. I just believe in acknowledging that it exists. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. Some believe in God and some don't. People have differing beliefs. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything. Yes Dan, I think that's where the rub is emerging from. And you're correct, using the word "luck" (again, loosely) doesn't diminish one's hard work, it's just an element of circumstances. One who works harder than the other doesn't necessitate one's greater success, thus, the element of "luck" seems to be a factor, i.e., being at the right place at the right time. I think I qualify for working hard at my craft. I'm not a bit offended in someone thinking luck had a role in any success. My talent is what it is (for better or worse) regardless. Now if someone told me I was shitt-lucky to be successful, because my music sucks, then my ego may be bruised a little.  Best, John 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|