Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6
Top 25 Poster
|
OP
Top 25 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6 |
As the Mountains Reckon Time ©2024 Robert George
I can see an ancient mountain With a crown of silver mist And my spirit’s like that mountain But my flesh is like the mist
I have learned in my short life Serving is its own reward So as the mountains reckon time I will serve the Lord
Wind returns to lonely hilltops Rain is loyal to the sea But as I grow old and weary Breath does not return to me
I have learned in my short life Serving is its own reward So as the mountains reckon time I will serve the Lord I will serve the Lord
Lord, reward my hope and faith and bring me home Where I’ll cast my crown before your kingly throne
I have learned in my short life Love becomes its own reward So as the mountains reckon time I will love the Lord As the mountains reckon time I will love the Lord I will love the Lord
Let my breath return to God who gave it One day I will rise with Abraham and David [i][/i]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 7,297 Likes: 175
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 7,297 Likes: 175 |
Likin' where your head's at lately, Grouch 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,553 Likes: 90
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,553 Likes: 90 |
Thats some rich imagery Grouch....superb message. totally enjoyed. Bill
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6
Top 25 Poster
|
OP
Top 25 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 8,240 Likes: 6 |
thanks guys...for your replies on both the lyrics. 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,055
Posts1,185,710
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|