|
7 members (Sunset Poet, bennash, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
33,583
guests, and
5,852
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
The imaginary first time meeting between Santa and Jesus. It brings out the child's imagination of believing in Santa Claus and the adult reality that it's Jesus Birthday at the same time. I hope no one is offended by it. If so, I apologize. For a sample of how this song sounds go to: http://www.soundclick.com/myrtleWHEN SANTA MET JESUS When Santa met Jesus, under the Christmas tree, He shouted HO HO HO and he sang out with glee, I’m so glad to see you, I’ve waited for so long, Now you’re here tonight right where you belong. Then Jesus said to Santa, I’m glad you’re doing your part, To bring love, peace and joy to every child’s heart, If everyone on earth, would practice how you give, This world would surely be a better place to live. Keep Christ in Christmas, he was born for you and me, Keep Christ in Christmas, he was born to set us free. On this special night, 2000 years ago, A virgin gave birth to Jesus so it’s told, Santa said to Jesus, that’s why this time of year, I go and spread some hope, love, joy and cheer. There’s a little bit of Santa, inside you and me, We prove it when we place our gifts beneath the tree, Then sing heavenly praises each voice in one accord, And celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord. Keep Christ in Christmas, he was born for you and me, Keep Christ in Christmas, he was born to set us free. He’s the reason for the season, He’s the reason for the season, He’s the reason for the season. ©2006 Myrtle M. Blankenship
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,278
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,278 |
First NEW crit!  Good idea. Not really opening up anything new, but could do well with proper music. One thing I'd question is the usage of this: "A virgin gave birth to Jesus so it’s told" Think you could come up with another rhyme for ago. As it is, it casts a bit of doubt on the veracity of the statement, kinda like, "Well, I dunno know, but that's what I heard". A virgin birth produced (brought forth) the child who would be Lord. You may not like the rhyme of lord with old.... Ben
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,339 Likes: 6
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,339 Likes: 6 |
No offence at all.
Good idea for a song. Ben brought up a valid point and I agree. The way it is worded makes one doubt.
Welcome and Merry Christmas.
Douglas
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
Thanks Ben for pointing that out. I was never quite satisfied with the ending in that line. I would never want to cast any doubt on the validity of Jesus's birth. How about if I say, "A virgin gave birth to Jesus this I know" Did you listen to the song? I'm open for suggestions. Thanks again.
Myrtle
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
Thanks Douglas. I will change that in some way not to cast any doubt. Maybe the way I wrote it for Ben. Any suggestions from you?
Myrtle
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,657
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,657 |
Great idea for a song! I don't think you really need "He's the reason for the season" -- at the end...because if feels to me like you've already said it in the lyric  Emily
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
Hi Emily,
Glad you liked it. If it ever gets recorded for real, I want that line to be kind of a fade out on the last if the artist likes it. If he or she doesn't, it can be left out. Thanks for your suggestion.
Myrtle
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 454
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 454 |
Hi Myrtle, This is nice and warming for the christmas period. Paints a happy picture. All the best, Philip.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
Thanks Philip for the nice comments. Merry Christmas and all the best to you.
Myrtle
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111 |
Ben F,
How does this sound?
"A virgin gave birth to Jesus this I know"
Would not cast any doubt on the validity of Jesus birth. Thanks.
Myrtle
Myrtle Blankenship
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,858 Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 19,858 Likes: 1 |
Hi Myrtle, Yeh nice writing & a good healthy statement. I agree the one area in question needs a little something. On this special night, 2000 years ago, A virgin gave birth to Jesus so it’s told, It's true that a virgin gave birth to Jesus please us ? Have a good evening.. Calvin http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,780
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|