|
5 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
35,473
guests, and
5,532
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 09:40 AM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Casual Observer
|
OP
Casual Observer
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1 |
Composer with world class melodies in POP and Country looking for lyricist with several hits to their credit.
The sky's the limit.
Last edited by Songsone; 02/12/08 05:10 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1 |
You'll find plenty of action here, my friend, but you'll need to be more specific---this board has country writers, rock writers, death metal, Christian, Atheist, and writers from every age group and sex. If you can better communicate what sort of writer or writing you're looking for, that part is essential.
Also, are you looking for someone to write lyrics to finished songs, or write songs to their lyrics, or collaborate together?
Good luck, and happy collaborating!
-Lyle
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,806
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,806 |
Hi Songsone, Is there a place where we could go to listen to some of your melodies to get an idea of the type of music you compose? Have you had successes in the past as far as getting songs cut? Do you also perform yourself? Have you had placements in film and tv or in libraries? I am the Director of Development for an organization called FilmNashville www.filmnashville.org and Pres of the FilmNashville Foundation. Tried to get your attention on the Shout box but you'd already disappeared. Noticed that this is your first post. If you hang around awhile...you will find that JPF is a great place to network...so not sure what sources you've been using to meet lyricists in the past. There are a lot of lyricists here who are a whole lot more action. I have a catalog of over 3000 lyrics of my own that are in a variety of genres, mostly country but a few blues, bluegrass, gospel and inspirational. I don't do rap or hip hop...but do have a couple of reggae and Latin songs with a composer from Jamaica. In addition to my own lyrics, I have my husband's catalog of nearly 4000 lyrics. He received the JPF Lyricist of the Year Award a couple of years back. The best places to peruse if you are looking for lyricists are the three Lyric forums here on JPF. Most of the folks who post their lyrics are looking for composers...so if something strikes a "chord" with you...just contact that person and say you are interested in doing music for it. A few lyricists are capable of writing to existing melodies. I look forward to hearing from you in this regard. Bobbie
They'll tell you success in the music biz is all about who you know...but the truth is...it's about who knows you. Gallup 'n Dawg Music
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
Hi Songsone and welcome. Lyle and Bobbie pretty much summed up. We have pretty much every genre and every standard from beginner to pro. You have to be a bit more specific. I wish you luck and hope you find what you are looking for. Post some music.... let us see where you are coming from. That will possibly narrow the field down a bit. Look to hear from you. JIM
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4,507
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4,507 |
Welcome to JPF. We've got to have a genre, we've got to know your name, we've got to know what your finished products turn out like. I write with alot of people, quite a few from here, and it is a highly communicative relationship to co-write with someone, something your serious writers won't take lightly at all with time being an investment itself. Good luck hooking up with someone that helps make your music what you're hoping for....Moker
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,043 Likes: 3
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,043 Likes: 3 |
Songsone....I'll make it easy for you. Visit my music myspace ( www.myspace.com/prosongwriter) If you like what you see/hear, send me a private message here on jpfolks.com and if I like your proposal, we can talk further. Greg
Last edited by Gregory Watton; 02/04/08 12:59 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541 |
Hi Gregory
"No hope" for me, I am just beginning, I am having lots of fun though. I have only written three songs. I am on my learners, with songwriting.
My first song is "Don't push my button", and the way I sang it, was country, so thats the way we recorded it.
I am currently looking at working on two other songs, "Call a taxi", and "Get over it", over the next few months. The lyrics in which I have posted on just plain folks, is only the beginning, working the lyrics, changing them, working the music has been a fantastic journey for me.
Maybe Gregory, I can post Paul to you, he is fantastic. He's like Wow, does a fantastic job, I was overwhelmed with the work he put into my song "Don't push my button". But he lives in Australia.
Any way good luck finding someone Gregory.
Michele Bolton Aussie girl from down under
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 10 |
Hi my name is Jacob Fair and i was interested in your post. I was wondering what kind of music you wanted lyrics for i write country and i've been looking for someone who can write melodies. So please write me back or throw me a email at jlf4444@yahoo.com Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,247
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 2,247 |
Check out my work....Holla at me....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,043 Likes: 3
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,043 Likes: 3 |
Michele,
My post was directed at SONGSONE....I'm not sure if you thought the originator of this topic was me or not, but SONGSONE is the one looking.
:-)
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your musical journey, I pray everything works out for you.
Gregory Watton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541 |
Sorry Gregory,
I have misunderstood the post. I was tired, maybe it isn't a good thing to get on the computer at night time. It's the best time for me, whilst the kids are asleep, or when there at school, never mind, nice chatting to you anyway.
Thanks for letting me know, I really feel blonde now.
Michele Bolton Aussie girl from down under
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,541 |
Songsone
I'm just and Aussie girl, having some fun Searching the internet, to earn some bucks I'm honest, hard working, and raring to go But I can't help you, cause I don't have the above.
Accomplished lyricists, I can't give you that Big talker, well I can give you that Ask my hubby, he's bound to tell you His Aussie girl, never stops nagging.
Just having some fun you guys. I hope you don't mind.
Thanks
Michele Aussie girl from down under Australia
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343
Top 30 Poster
|
Top 30 Poster
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,343 |
Lets see..original Post over three weeks ago. Songsone hasn't been back. I think I'll pass.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
Casual Observer
|
Casual Observer
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12 |
Hello from England - good to see you! Let me know the genre and I'll see what I can do. Who knows, until we try? Just an amateur, but I think I could meet your requirements.
Regards.
Last edited by Benji; 02/10/08 09:34 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,463 |
You are right Bill he wanted someone "motivated" and "action orientated"..... . Now I am sure that there are plenty here on this forum that fits that bill. The question is does he?
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,701
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|