Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
Producers, mixers and engineers get historically paid upfront whether a project goes anywhere or not. The big time names get points. None deserve more than that. This is powerful people who hired lobbyists to do a cash grab... ack... same old corruption, just a new strategy for a cash grab by the already rich and powerful. Sure, it may bypass the corrupt labels but it is just another cartel of the powerful skimming off the paltry top. Royalty money is already microscopic and this takes from that small pot of money. At least that's what it appears to me.

Exactly who is doing the skimming? Where is this idea coming from that the Bill going thru the House and Senate is about taking more money from someone? You asked me to post a summary and link in the other post. I did that.

I'm not a big name and when I produce someone, I ask for points on the recording work I do, for a lessor fee up front. A good producer should be compensated if the work goes stratospheric. I've also granted points to other producers who have worked with me for the same reason. If their work helps get me somewhere big, I also believe they should be rewarded for that. Pretty simple concept really.

The conspiracy theories are really starting to fly eh?

Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com