FD, we are saying the same thing...he changed his mind on the kneeling part and now understands the issue better

“In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country,” Brees said Thursday. ”They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.”

Why would you paint this as a bad thing?. I think he now understands the issue better and shows he is willing to listen, be educated, and change his mind.

Was he pressured? Probably. Was his position at odds with what the NFL now allows...peaceful protest? Yes. Was he contacted by players and others. Yes. Is he taking tons of heat from Trump? Yes. Is he taking tons of heat from many people? Looks that way

Including you who argues he should have stuck to his position, that the pressure was somehow un American...that people should not have to "grow" as people, or that those in the spotlight should not be subject to intense scrutiny for their words.

If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop