Hi Neil.

This is much better, especially the chorus and bridge--I'm getting the melody much better, and the last line of the chorus is a cool melodic change now--it was before, but music/vocals not in sync with the key.

The mix is still a little "busy" for me, especially the verses, but improved from your first post. I'd be curious to hear you just sing this with a guitar track along with maybe bass and percussion to "better nail down the melody, . Get it the best you can with those basic instruments--then add fiddle/mandolin gradually where needed. Maybe you did do this already--you have made improvements, but I think you can make it better still. I was listening to the verse music, and there are a few options there to take the melody vocally--experiment with all of your options, as it can be a good way to find or tweak a melody by combining two different directions. Feel free to bounce anything off me privately.

I'm excited for you Neil, I think you have some potential with this song!

steady-eddie.