FWIW: Back in August of 2010, I met a young wanna-be screenwriter born and bred in Egypt, who was looking for a partner to help "Americanize" his screenplay while he continued with his day-job(an Assistant College Professor---or something like that).

He had an extremely original concept!!!, and I just couldn't resist trying to help him out...I mean, the "concept" was all his, all I had to do was "Americanize" it...Two years later, 2012, with a hundred e-mails and rewrites between us, we had it ready to submit.

And submit it we DID!!!,,,via an e-mail list of producers/agents/studios that I had built up...We got over three dozen "submission requests"...Kinda KEWL!!!

Of course, nothing came of it....It wasn't a "Known Franchise", and was on the "Big Budget" scale, so no one would take a chance...And frankly, I don't blame them!!!

But from 2012(our submission phase) until now, three years later, we have continued to keep in touch, while I keep going through transitionary day-jobs and he kept teaching and trying to find a University where he can pursue his PhD...

In the last 3 years, he has TOTALLY revamped & rewitten the original/submitted draft...And has dragged me along in the process:-)...Other than or "concept", nothing of the original remains....

Next year, he is leaving Egypt for the first time in his life and moving to England, where a University has "accepted" his application...

Three weeks ago, he sent me the first part of a "short story" that he wants to present to his niece as a gift...I was not quite brutal in my critique, but told him that I knew he could do better.

He agreed....Man, Geoff, he is one of the best writing partners I have ever had...He's gonna keep rewriting the short story and sending me drafts until he gets it perfect, no matter how many years it takes...What have I gotten myself into????...:-)

And he then sent me his "Final Effort" at the 87th rewrite of the original screenplay...because I've told him that at some point, you have to be done with something and move on, and he just wanted me to know that he's "moving on" but wanted me see his "final draft"...I was SO FRICKIN' honored!!!

I'm rambling, ain't I???...:-)

So I'll try to sum up, for those of us in this "Forum"...

A Muse is a Muse is a Muse...I think of The Muses as The Pleiades Constellation Sisters...If you look directly at them, you'll see nothing...

Don't give up the day-job-education-pursuit....But never turn your back on a Muse.....But it's not the Muses' job to pay anyone's bills....The Muses' "job" is to inspire...

And any one of us mortals( a relatively small percentage) who has ever heard a Muses' voice, should we thank(or curse???:-)... The Creator who "gifted" us with "ears to hear"...

Just wondering:-)

Midnite(forever thankful to my young Egyptian Friend for helping me to understand why we were "Gifted")Bob

P.S...Yes, I still remember our initial script swap of "The Brakeman" when I gave you a "Doh" moment:-)))))










Last edited by MidniteBob; 12/22/15 07:16 PM.

Satchel was right. Something is gaining on me.

The Shoebox & Dinner at Eight trailers available at:

http://www.twometer.com/Two_Meter_Studios/HOME.html