|
9 members (Fdemetrio, texritter, Sunset Poet, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
26,294
guests, and
5,897
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3 |
Mackie: Thanks for the listen and comments!
Michael Z: I don't know much about The Incredible String Band, I'll have to give tem a listen.
Janice & Bud: Yea, there is some incredible playing (and songwriting) going on in that album. If I had to pick one sound to go after, that wouldn't be a bad choice. Of course I can't sing like Rod!
steady-eddie: Most of my FAWM songs tend to be on the shorter side. If I ever decide to re-write that one, I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Ricki: I actually am a firm believer in rhyme scheme control and all that stuff -- but I seem to forget about it when writing these short ones (ha, ha). Thanks for the listen and comments.
Michael II: It is all about the loudness wars these days. Everything has to be at the same volume because it has become too hard to expect folks to actually use their volume knob!
Dave: Thanks for giving it a listen, it is always appreciated.
lane1777: The ukulele is such a fun instrument. I tend to use it as a "poor man's" mandolin (ha, ha).
Niteshift: It does tend to bring a log cabin feel to mind, thanks for the remarks and listen.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,096
Posts1,185,810
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|