Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,001 |
Holy Mis-information! Have you looked at a BMI Work Registration form lately? You can Google it for a look. It plainly States, Check here if no rights are granted by writer(s) to any Publisher. It is right below where the writer(s) put their information. In case there is no Publisher, all Pro Royalties go to the writer or writers as indicated on the WORK REGISTRATION FORM. You don't need a Publisher to collect royalties. You won't receive any royalties from a Pro anyway unless you have a huge hit on the Air and the song is with a Big Publisher.
Jody, I hate to say it but you are a plethora of mis-information when it comes to a lot of things in the Music Business. Ray, I don't think you hate saying that. To answer to your question: No, I haven't looked at their work registrations lately. That being said... As a former BMI writer/publisher, I was advised by my BMI rep, at the time, to register a publishing entity. However BMI treated me so poorly during my tenure there that I moved my catalog over to SESAC. So I'm going by first hand experience between two of the PROs that represent writers & publishers. BTW - I've started a thread here ( http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1132101.html#Post1132101 ) please list all the mis-information that I've proposed about the music business at JPF. Please publicly out my plethora of ignorance so I can correct my lack of knowledge. p.s. - I'd be out half my income if I didn't register my publishing. I don't own anyone else's publishing under my two publishing entities. And despite not having a huge hit on the air, or a song with a big publisher, I do have a worldwide publishing admin for all things outside the U.S. Oh, and based on first hand experience, digital distributors do want publishing names on all digital releases. Those pesky streaming services apparently want to know who to send publishing income to. p.p.s. - John L Schick apparently needs a publishing name too.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|