|
7 members (bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, texritter, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
61,162
guests, and
6,065
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34 |
What Jody said.
SMH.
Ray, it's not 1987 anymore.
And frankly, for the record, selling forms to people here on a floppy that you admit "Sometime back I 'borrowed' a mechanical license form from Harry Fox" and rewrote is kind of desperate sounding. Do you really need Donna's $20.00 to send them to her? Have you ever heard of attaching them to an email? After all, you must have them in digital form already if you can put them on a floppy disk, and you registered here so I know you have email and obviously you have a working computer still, so why waste the money and effort to mail it on a disk that most computers made since early this century don't even use anymore without an add on drive. For that matter few devices even have drives for any media anymore outside of USB ports which are likely to be gone soon as well. And why would you want to charge Donna money for something that would only cost you a minute of your time to send her? After all, I know you understand free stuff being the longest tenured member here who has never tossed in a few bucks to help with the costs of this site, so why would you be a hypocrite with the friendly Donna Duchess, just to needlessly shake her down for a few bucks? Not very gentlemanly of you.
Folks, I would always defer to Jody and John here for current day issues concerning royalties since they both regularly license and sell music on all types of platforms around the world. It doesn't mean they are never wrong, all humans are sometimes, but they offer up what they know freely and without the shipping and handling fees. There was a time when I kept up with all of it, but the past few years I've let off that particular gas pedal until I need to know something, then I research and get the most up to date info from people who know, which includes John and Jody who deal with this stuff daily.
I can say that there was a time when Ray would have been a good resource as I recall a small publishing business I believe he was involved in once offered me publishing contracts on two of my songs I wrote when I was 13. Five Roses Publishing was the name and I found them in a book I would later write for called the "Songwriter's Market." My how 40 years have flown since I wrote those songs and sent them in years later when I came across that book, though I think it was the other guy I dealt with, I still have the correspondence and contracts somewhere in a box in storage. But I digress. Maybe it was a different Ray or a different "Five Roses" back then out of Georgia.
Ah, memories.
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney "It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney "Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,071
Posts1,185,744
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|