Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114
Top 40 Poster
|
OP
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114 |
Linda, Take heart, I believe that you are a very sane person (although groggy from lack of sleep), but you make perfect sense. I am also a Queen fan. I think Freddy Mercury was one of the finest entertainers ever. With the musical ability of Brian May and the others they had a class-A show. Their references to "mama" do fit in the catagory because it is in the context of mother to child advice. As a guitar player I tend to judge a band strictly on their musical abilities but Queen stood out to me mostly on their stage presence. I first heard Queen when I was in high school and was unimmpressed because of the homophobia thing. I have grown since then and have learned to appreciate the music for what it is. I was sad when Freddy died. I would never live his life style but I did recognise his talant.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|