|
5 members (bennash, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews),
47,757
guests, and
5,988
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 157
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 157 |
Hi Ray,
I totally agree that a pro website is definitely a must, so I have both! I find that I attract a lot of visits to my 'official' sites via my My Space sites.
Having said that, I am extremely fortunate in that my partner is a great web designer (in fact he loves it so much, he gave up music to start a small but successful web design business - go figure, but hey, I get the best of both worlds!)
Its also a good idea not to rely completely on My Space for networking and business. What if it falls apart overnight like other large music sites have in the past? Suddenly you have no presence on the web and you've lost all your contacts! My Space doesn't give you an email address so unless all your 'friends' give you their personal address which you can then store elsewhere, you'd lose the lot if My Space went down.
I will always have My Space sites, but I will always maintain full, official .com sites online too. I think its suggests a greater level of professionalism.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,778
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|