Hey Ken,

Thanks, we think we'll keep her at least until next year's party!

I actually have some great stories FROM WAY BACK WHEN SHE WAS 100! The kids these days, in the elementary schools, always have a party on the 100th day of school, and they all have to bring in 100 somethings. So Samantha brought in Nonni grin . It was a hoot. We were actually in the room waiting for them, so they all looked at her with these bug eyes on the way in, like they were seeing something dug up from the ruins of Pompeii!! (well, I don't know that they've learned about that yet, but you get what I mean...)

"Have you ever been on a plane?" "Have you ever had Pepsi"? on and on and on. "What about hot pepper? Have you ever had a really hot hot pepper?" It was so cute, b/c all the questions were related to their own experiences -- nothing like "did you meet Abraham Lincoln?" or something like that...the historical aspect of it was sort of lost on them (and I guess rightly so, all being 7 at the time....).

Anyway, she's one hip granny -- She's up on the news, and sorry, Big Jim, but her favorite show is Idol -- and no wise cracks, or I'll have to come over there myself! I was also so proud of her -- she said she was so proud to have lived long enough to see a black man get elected President. She immediately added, "I hope they don't kill him." So in this case, sadly, she is wise beyond her years....

Anyhoo, sorry to get distracted....I just love her to bits.... smile

Ciao for now,
Beth

P.S. Hey how about "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music!! wink

Last edited by Beth G. Williams; 01/25/09 02:39 AM.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=949237

http://www.myspace.com/goldencatfish

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."