|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
67,761
guests, and
6,019
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
OP
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2 |
Hoping someone can advise.
Last night I had a scare when my PC began to make dreadful noises, even after I'd turned it off and on again a couple of times.
I went to bed with the fear that I might have lost all my lyrics/music files, plus my work files, all of which I last backed up a few months ago.
This morning the PC worked fine, thank goodness, and I quickly copied the above-mentioned files onto my external HD. However, in the backup department, I now want something more reliable than I am.
Firstly, which would you recommend: a backup or a synchronisation programme? Why?
Secondly, do you know of good freeware or of a programme that's user-friendly, reliable and economical?
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks!
Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.
Life is too important to take seriously.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|