|
6 members (Fdemetrio, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
87,017
guests, and
5,849
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114 |
Things may be different in the case of a singer/songwriter.
Two examples: Bob Dylan never wrote for an audience (at least from what I understand from his interviews). He wrote thoughtful songs of the early 60's but was never personally involved in the protest movement, though they tried to get him involved. The audience found him. Remember his quote "I always considered myself a song and dance man". He played an electric set at Newport. That definitely was not for the audience. He was Booed, but survived.
John Prine plays anything that's on his mind. People buy his records and go to his concerts to see what's on his mind.
I can name a dozen others that are found by the audience and not the other way around. People want to be part of the show, and that means identifying with the performer.
Neil Young said "It's all about the music", partnerships be damned. Next to David Byrne, Young is the most diverse musician I've known of. He's tried everything and can still sell out a concert. The music is what brings the audience to you.
I struggle between writing songs and playing the instruments to make a decent recording. I don't have a band. The band is me. I would prefer other talent on my recordings but don't have that luxury.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,106
Posts1,185,846
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|