|
7 members (texritter, CTthomas, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, KyleCrawford, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
34,709
guests, and
5,515
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,236 Likes: 4
Top 200 Poster
|
OP
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,236 Likes: 4 |
It's been a while since I posted anything, so I thought I would put one up. Some of you all who post on the other forum have probably already heard this. I struggle a lot w/depression and it's been a bad summer for me in that regard. This song was born from an idea I had after seeing my songwriting idol, Leonard Cohen in concert. He was wonderful, but I felt so down afterwards. I decided to write a song about that "perish in the grasping idea" and also my own lack of inspiration and struggle w/depression, especially in the context of this songwriting endeavor. I don't know about you guys, but I invest so much time and energy into it and I struggle to keep things in perspective. For me, it's supposed to be a hobby, but it's a hobby that borders on obsession. I tried to write this in a way that would emulate Leonard's style. He has this way of balancing sorrow and humor, and he always uses some Biblical imagery as well. So I was attempting to incorporate all of these elements in my lyric. A gentleman named Roger Davis from the other song forum did a really nice addition to my guitar/vocal with the strings. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9112029I'm looking for Leonard Cohen Leonard, where have you been? My whistle, it keeps blowing and my train wreck is just round the bend I'm looking for your answers won't you show me what to do I wonder if it matters Leonard, am I getting through? Won't you shine your light through the crack in my night won't you heal me with your song Won't you come to my tomb Dance me into your room And direct me to where I belong? I'm looking for your torch out there burning somewhere in the rain you tell me there's some beauty there in the middle of all of the pain You say all have sinned And we're sinning again And we've all fallen short from the mark And we're telling our lies And we wear our disguise Could we all be lost to the dark? But I'm looking for you poet Won't you show me what you know? I'm doomed here and you know it And Leonard where did you go? Leonard where did you go? x 3
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,703
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|