|
5 members (bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Guy E. Trepanier, texritter, 1 invisible),
41,483
guests, and
5,929
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Serious Contributor
|
OP
Serious Contributor
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 64 |
Hi Rick, thanks very much for that... Nope, not from Arkansas... German born and german bred... I used to work a lot for the American Forces back in the Fatherland, I've lived for a little while in Cananda and hung out in Nashville and Austin, but I've lived here on this crazy little island (Father Ted, anyone???...lol...)for some 13 years and countin'. No better place, is all I can say - 'tis home now.  Well, that's what I mean - how DOES one class that kinda style? It's not really folk but not quite 'twangy' enough to be called straight country. Americana has a different feel to it, as well... I really wouldn't know what to call it, anymore... still... was Cash a country singer? (not that anyone thinks I'd compare myself - the man's my hero; well... one of 'em, for sure...) The version of the tune there is a rough demo, and the takes aren't even cleaned up, I use something like this to get an idea what I REALLY want to hear in the song when I record it. And if it works as a song, in general. I'm sure I'm not the only one who operates like this... Michael 
Last edited by MikeB; 05/03/11 03:38 PM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,824
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|