|
6 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
29,189
guests, and
5,880
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1
Top 10 Poster
|
OP
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,082 Likes: 1 |
The 2nd harp has an "accordion" feel to it in the beginning. Cool idea for a tune -- it reminds me of dueling tubas (only different). Sounds like you had you fun, and I did, too.
Super! That's some fine harmonica playing. Are there three harmonics in there, and if there are, is that trueling?
Kevin Thanks Kevin! The second harp is a Hohner Echo Harp. Has a second set of reeds to add vibrato. I decided to use it so that the two harps sounded distinct from one another. There are multiple harmonica tracks but that was done mostly for convenience - I could apply the panning I wanted to the different tracks easier that way. At any instant of time, I think there are only two harps playing - except maybe at transitions where there might be a little overlap. Fundamentally though, this could be played as is by just two people - though if one of them was me it would require a bit of practice first.  I added a third harp at one spot but it didn't sound good so I took it out - sonically there was no room for it.... LOL - I actually looked up "trueling" in the dictionary (it wasn't there) before I got the joke  Scott
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,782
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|